OF course you will have pasta on your Noche Buena table. After all, noodles symbolize long life or longevity, so you make sure you always have noodles on the table whenever there’s a special occasion, such as birthday or Christmas. But if you’re thinking of how to prepare your pasta dish this year to make it a little different from what you served last year and maybe get your family’s collective appetite going even better, here are two quick-and-easy pasta recipes courtesy of Jolly Mushrooms.
Imported and distributed by Fly Ace Corporation and available in leading supermarkets nationwide, Jolly Mushrooms contains no artificial preservatives. It also boasts of L-Ergothioneine, an antioxidant that is uniquely found in mushrooms. Jolly Mushrooms are easy to use; just add to savory dishes, even soups and salads, and pasta dishes, and they perk up the taste—and texture—of any dish.
SPAGHETTI WITH MUSHROOMS
500 grams Doña Elena Al Dente Spaghetti, uncooked
2 Tbsps. Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil
1 pc. white onion, sliced
1 head garlic, minced
400 grams ground beef
2 Tbsps. fish sauce
1-1/2 cups water
250 grams hotdog, sliced diagonally
1 400-gram can Jolly Mushrooms (Pieces and Stems), drained
750 ml. sweet style spaghetti sauce
2 tsps. iodized salt
1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
1 box Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Cook Doña Elena Al Dente Spaghetti according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Heat canola oil in pan, sauté onions until translucent, then add garlic. Add ground beef, fish sauce and water. Simmer over low heat until beef is cooked.
3. Add sliced hotdogs, Jolly Mushrooms (Pieces and Stems) and spaghetti sauce. Simmer for a few more minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt, sugar and pepper according to taste.
4. Arrange cooked spaghetti in a serving dish. Pour meat and mushroom sauce over the spaghetti, then top with grated cheese.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.
FETTUCCINE ALA CARBONARA
500 grams fettuccine
2 Tbsps. butter
150 grams bacon
1 pc. white onion, chopped
1 400-gram can Jolly Whole Mushrooms, sliced
375 ml. evaporated milk
1 298-gram can Jolly Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 tsp. iodized salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
3 Tbsps. grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Heat pan and sweat bacon, onion and sliced Jolly Whole Mushrooms in butter until cooked but not brown.
3. Pour in evaporated milk and Jolly Cream of Mushroom Soup. Simmer until sauce thickens.
4. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
5. Toss in cooked pasta and serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
Yields 5 to 6 servings.