CARROT cupcakes are delicious. Especially if you put an equally delightful icing on them. In a recent baking demonstration staged by Cake Boss bakeware and utensils at True Value Shangri-La Plaza, seasoned pastry chef and culinary teacher Chef Dorothy Ferreria showed how to bake up a great batch of Carrot Cupcakes and ice each one nicely.
For the carrot cupcakes:
1/2 cup corn oil
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup well-drained crushed pineapple
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup white sugar
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 tsp. cinnamon powder
1/8 tsp. ground cloves or all spice
1 tsp. sifted baking soda
1/8 tsp. fine salt
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line Cake Boss Cupcake Pan with baking cups. Set aside.
2. Pour ingredients in the order given above into a Cake Boss Mixing Bowl. Mix with a Cake Boss Wire Whisk until blended.
3. Spoon cake batter into the prepared Cake Boss Cupcake Pan, filling them two-thirds full.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Let cool before piping icing on them.
For the stable icing:
1-1/2 cups non-dairy pastry topping
2 Tbsps. natural cocoa powder
finely chopped nuts
1. Pour pastry topping into a Cake Boss Mixing Bowl.
2. Beat using an electric hand mixer until emulsified.
3. Transfer an adequate amount of prepared pastry topping into Cake Boss Pastry Bags fitted with the desired Cake Boss Decorating Tips.
4. Pipe out icing as desired over each cupcake and dust with cocoa.
5. Sprinkle surface with candy sprinkles for a dressed-up look.