WHEN the kids are in school, moms are always on the lookout for new baon ideas that are both easy-to-prepare and nutritious and at the same time delicious. It is always a problem to make kids eat healthy and nutritious food because junk food—such as chips and instant noodles—are always readily available both in and around the school. So what should moms do?
Why, find good recipes that they can prepare at home and make them look interesting, of course! Yesterday (June 22, 2017), I shared with you the recipe of Jolly Creamy Chicken Mushroom Burger, a back-to-school recipe courtesy of Jolly, a leading brand of canned fruits and vegetables that is imported and exclusively distributed by Fly Ace Corporation. Today, I want to share with you another back-to-school recipe from Jolly—Chicken Nuggets. It is most interesting for me because, by following the recipe, we should be able to make chicken nuggets at home. So there will be no need to buy those commercially available packed chicken nuggets that use extenders and preservatives to prolong their shelf lives.
For the chicken nuggets:
500 grams ground chicken breast
2 Tbsps. salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
2 Tbsps. Good Life Oyster Sauce
1 cup Good Life Breadcrumbs
1 198-gram can Jolly Mushrooms Pieces and Stems, chopped
store-bought sweet chili sauce
For the coating:
1/2 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup Good Life Breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil for frying
1. In a bowl, combine ground chicken, salt, eggs, pepper, oyster sauce, breadcrumbs and chopped mushrooms. Mix well.
2. Flatten chicken mixture by rolling it out to 1/2-inch thickness. Slice to form cubes that are 1-inch per side. Set aside.
3. Dredge chicken nuggets in flour, dip completely in beaten egg, and coat with breadcrumbs.
4. Deep-fry in hot oil in batches of 5 to 7 pieces per batch. Cook until golden brown.
5. Remove from oil.
6. Serve with store-bought sweet chili sauce.