WHAT can you do with Welch’s 100% Grape Juice besides drinking it as it is? Well, you can make a shake or smoothie with it. Or, better yet, bake Grape Berry Crunch Muffins with the delicious juice! Here’s how:
1/2 cup low-fat granola
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsps. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
1 large egg
1/4 cup canola oil
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
1-1/2 cups Welch’s Frozen Blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Coat a muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
2. Place the granola in a heavy-duty plastic bag and crush it lightly with a rolling pin or other heavy object to break up any large clumps. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until blended.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together grape juice, egg, oil, sugar and lemon zest until incorporated. Add this wet mixture to the dry ingredients, blend and stir with a rubber spatula until homogenized. Fold in blueberries.
5. Fill prepared muffin cups about two-thirds full with batter. Sprinkle with the granola and pat it in lightly so that it adheres to the batter.
6. Cool muffins on wire rack. Serve warm or when cooled to room temperature.