GOT extra all-purpose flour at home? Go creative and whip up some delightful Chocolate Fudge Orange Cupcakes? The Maya Kitchen shares this recipe of a hard-to-resist sweet giveaway using Maya All-Purpose Flour. Putting a refreshing fruity twist to your classic chocolate treat, these cupcakes are perfect not just for giving away to family and friends but also to serve and enjoy at home.
105 grams Maya All-Purpose Flour
210 grams brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
110 grams mayonnaise
1 cup boiling coffee
90 grams quick-melt cacao, melted
1. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Make a hole in the center of the mound.
2. Add the egg, mayonnaise and boiling coffee in the center.
3. Fold in melted chocolate.
4. Line cupcake mold with paper cups.
5. Pour equal amounts of the mixture into 15 cupcake holes lined with paper cups.
6. Bake in a preheated 180˚F oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
For the chocolate ganache:
100 grams cream
75 grams unsweetened dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
125 grams dark semi-sweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
candied orange zest
1. Boil cream in a pot. Fold in chocolate pieces. Mix until smooth.
2. Scoop icing into a piping bag fitted with desired tip. Use to decorate each cupcake with a big rosette of fudge and garnish with candied orange zest.