THE summer heat is still on, and there’s nothing more refreshing than sipping a glass of ice-cold Iced Tea! No, I’m not talking about the instant, powdered kind that you just dissolve in a liter of water with ice cubes in a plastic pitcher and shake away. I don’t like that. I’m picky when it comes to Iced Tea, and I know what I want—and that’s brewed or steeped Iced Tea—no compromises.
Now, the choices become even more exciting with the recent launch of TWG Tea’s Iced Teabag collection. Positioned as the world’s most luxurious collection of teabags especially crafted for the preparation of iced teas, TWG Tea’s extraordinary iced tea collection comes in 15 varieties of whole tea leaves carefully proportioned and packaged for the expert preparation of delicious TWG iced teas.
Each tea variant comes in a box embossed with the name of the tea in gold lettering. The gift box, which is of the pull-out drawer type, contains seven precious Iced Teabags, each containing 7.5 grams of handpicked, whole leaf teas enclosed in an entirely hand-sewn teabag made of light, transparent silk that is round in shape and is free from metal staples and glue which are detrimental to the quality and flavor of the tea. Each teabag is good for making a liter or carafe of Iced Tea. Each box retails at Php2,595.
ICED TEA VARIANTS
The TWG Tea Iced Teabag collection includes TWG Tea classics as well as TWG Tea exclusive blends. The 15 variants are:
• 1837 Black Iced Teabags—TWG Tea’s renowned signature tea, which is a unique blend of black tea with notes of fruits and flowers from the Bermuda triangle.
• 1837 Green Iced Teabags—an aromatic green tea blend of TWG Tea’s signature 1837 Tea that boasts of a lofty fruit and flower bouquet that leaves an aftertaste of red fruits and caramel.
• Tea Party Iced Teabags—rich, warm and golden infusion of black tea inflected with notes of candied sweetness.
• Moroccan Mint Iced Teabags—green tea perfectly blended with suave and strong Sahara mint.
• French Earl Grey Iced Teabags—black tea delicately infused with citrus fruits and French blue cornflowers.
• Pomme Prestige Iced Teabags—tangy and delightful black tea with alluring and fragrant apples.
• Alfonso Iced Teabags—black tea and rare mango with a secret combination of TWG Tea fruits and flowers.
• Grand Jasmine Iced Teabags—China green tea blended with superior TWG Tea jasmine blossoms that give it a floral aroma.
• Pink Flamingo Iced Teabags—green tea with crimson hibiscus blossoms that quickly infuse into a rose-colored Iced Tea with tart, fruity overtones.
• Eternal Summer Iced Teabags—fragrant South African red tea embellished with notes of sweet summer rose blossoms accented with raw berries.
• Caravan Iced Teabags—mélange of China gunpowder green tea mysteriously blended with sweet mints and notes of citrus fruits.
• Cocktail Hour Iced Teabags—dazzling composition of black tea and green tea composed of crimson blossoms with notes of sugarcane and rum.
• Darjeeling Iced Teabags—first flush black tea with notes of green mango and aroma of lily of the valley.
• Red Chai Iced Teabags—striking red tea blended with a subtle mix of rare and aromatic Indian spices.
• Sweet France Iced Teabags—combination of green tea with exotic flowers and a touch of chamomile.
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT ICED TEA
Each TWG Tea Iced Teabag is good for making one-half to one liter of flavorful Iced Tea.
1. Place 1 teabag in a teapot.
2. Add 1/2 liter of pure, simmering water.
3. Steep for about 5 minutes.
4. Remove teabag and pour tea into glasses filled to the brim with large ice cubes.
5. Enjoy as is or sweetened with sugar syrup.
For a more delicately infused beverage, the preparation is slightly altered. Here’s how:
1. Place 1 teabag in a glass pitcher.
2. Add 1 liter of pure water at room temperature.
3. Refrigerate for about 12 hours.
4. Stir and remove teabag before serving as is or sweetened with sugar syrup.
A CARAFE FOR YOUR ICED TEA
The new TWG Tea Iced Teabag collection was launched at the TWG Tea salon located at Central Square, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, last May 21, 2015. Along with it, TWG Tea also launched the perfect accompaniment, an Iced Tea Carafe made of very light Plexiglas. The beautifully designed Carafe can be used for a liter of refreshing Iced Tea. Available in eight vibrant colors, it retails at Php6,295.