LOVE Chicken Cordon Bleu? It is a dish that sounds snobbish and looks complicated to make but is actually easy to replicate at home. Yes, it is fried, but if you use a light and healthy oil and fry it at the right temperature, you can actually eliminate excess fat and the dish can be light and healthy. Fly Ace Corporation, which retails different varieties of cooking oil under the Jolly brand, suggests its Jolly Canola Oil for deep-frying Chicken Cordon Bleu. Considered a healthy type of oil, as it has the lowest saturated fat content among cooking oils, Jolly Canola Oil is fortified with Vitamins A and E and contains Omega 3 and Omega 6, which are essential to the heart.
Here, Jolly shares the recipe of a delectable Deep-fried Chicken Cordon Bleu:
4 pcs. skinless, boneless chicken breast
salt and pepper to taste
4 pcs. Cheddar Cheese slices
4 pcs. thinly-sliced smoked ham
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup Goodlife Bread Crumbs
Jolly Canola Heart Mate Oil for deep-frying
1. Pound chicken breast to 1/4–inch thickness. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Place one slice of cheese and one slice of ham on each breast.
3. Roll up each chicken breast tightly. Use toothpicks to seal ends, if necessary.
4. Dredge each chicken breast roulade in flour, shake off excess, then dip in beaten egg and, finally, roll in Good Life bread crumbs.
5. Heat Jolly Canola Heart Mate Oil and deep-fry chicken roulade in hot oil.
6. Cut into slices. Serve with rice and gravy on the side.