TAKE advantage of the remaining days of the summer season by bonding with the kids in the kitchen. You can make Summer Butterfly Muffins together because it is as easy as 1-2-3 to bake batches of it. All you need is mix up some batter, scoop them into muffin pans lined with fluted paper cups, bake them in the oven, cut off the top of the muffins and halve to make “butterfly wings,” spread some fudge frosting over them when they have cooled down to room temperature, and decorate with the muffin wings to make them look like butterflies.
Here’s how it is done, according to The Maya Kitchen:
For the muffins:
2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 pack Maya Chocolate Hotcake Mix (200 grams)
For the fudge frosting:
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup condensed milk
1 Tbsp. butter
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a 3-oz. muffin pan with paper cups. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, slightly beat egg; add in oil, water and hotcake mix. Mix batter mixture until blended. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into every paper-lined muffin hole.
3. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until done.
4. Cool and set side.
5. Prepare the frosting. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thick. Set aside.
6. To assemble: Cut about 1/2-inch across from top of muffins and divide into two half circles. Set aside. Spread frosting on cut-up surface of muffins. Place cut-out half circles to form butterfly wings. Repeat procedure with the remaining muffins. Dust each butterfly cupcake with confectioners’ sugar.